Level 2 First Aid for Mental Health PLUS – December 6th 2020
December 6 @ 8:30 am - 6:30 pm£150.00
This is special version of our most popular regulated course specifically aimed at those people who work with groups and individuals in the outdoors. The course gives a strong understanding of Mental Health issues and positive steps you can take to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. The standard course has been specifically tailored for those working (& playing) in the outdoors and uses practical real world case studies and scenarios, but in this version we’ve added in:
- Starting a conversation outdoors – we’ll go for a walk and build role scenarios into the journey.
- Crisis indicators – what to be aware to look for when leading – common indicators someone is struggling – how to intervene positively and add support.
This additional content adds two hours to the day.
Kelvyn James is the current President of BAIML, a qualified counsellor, Field Trainer for North West Ambulance Service and former Trustee of the Samaritans.
- Upon booking you will be sent a link to our online Covid-19 pre-course questionnaire. This MUST be completed or you will be unable to attend.
- All the venues we use have Covid safe precautionary measures in place. Examples are a three day gap between bookings, removal of towels etc
- Mental Health North West take your (& our!) safety seriously. The lead instructor will arrive early and leave late to ensure we know venues have been sanitized to our standards – we’ll also send covid updated joining instructions & detail procedures on the day.
- However – elements of this course do require (minor) interaction, whilst MHNW take every reasonable measure to minimise any infection risk you should be aware that you will need to interact with other participants.
- Please get in touch if you have any questions.