"Each year approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem" *
Mental health is about how we think, feel & behave. Whilst mental health problems are common most are mild, tend to be short term and can be treated. But - they all cause upset, concern, worry and can result in a huge amount of lost time for the affected, their loved ones and their colleagues.
We offer courses to support individuals & organisations. We also offer a range of confidential counselling options to support individuals.
Whether work is causing the health issue or aggravating it, employers have a legal responsibility to help their employees. 15.4 million working days were lost to mental health issues in 2017/18, this equates to 57% of all working days lost to ill health in the UK.*
First Aid for Mental Health is the initial support provided to a person experiencing a mental health problem until professional help is received or the crisis is resolved.
On our courses you'll learn how to recognise a range of mental health issues, how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost someone to professional help.
If you choose to enter therapy with us we'll support you to be your best you. There are always better days to come.
sources: Mind UK & HSE
A range of regulated qualifications
We offer a range of course aimed at everyone, supervisors & lone workers through to senior management and policy makers.
- Level 1 - a half day awareness course - everyone should at least attend this course.
- Level 2 - a full day First Aid for Mental Health course - our most popular for a reason.
- Level 3 - an in depth 2 day course aimed at those who have responsibility for others.
A range of 1:1 options
We offer a range of therapy in the natural environment options.
- Maybe joining a small group walk with a specific purpose is just what you're looking for?
- Perhaps a 1:1 day out with a fully qualified mountain leader and counsellor would help?
- Sometimes we all need support - we also offer 1:1 counselling sessions in a relaxed natural environment.
Support Services, Events & Inspirational Talks
- Mental Health in the workplace can feel like a minefield - and it really doesn't need to be - we offer a range of support options.
- Events - from time to time we run specific training events for key mental health issues.
- Kelvyn James is a much sought after public speaker & host - if you want an inspirational speech for your staff day, or a focal point for your event then get in touch.
Start a conversation...
If you are interested in having Mental Health North West run a course for you or your organisation, you're looking for a place on one of our open courses or maybe a 1:1 session - or you've just got a general enquiry - then please get in touch here.